A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the
right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Saturday, April 1, 2023
An Assault on Our Nation
Saturday, January 1, 2022
Creating YOUR Year ... 🎊 🖌️
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Prove Me Wrong: Civil Debate Not Hate
And, if we keep dividing ourselves into pools of only people we agree with we will have a hard time uniting to fight real battles to come. If we can't civilly discuss royalty and race how are we ever going to get to the even touchier topic of religion and our environmental crisis.
So above is my attempt to come up with a solution 💡📺
Because what our world needs now is less bullying and bravado and more honest debate without all the hate
Monday, March 1, 2021
911Cam: See the Emergency
Sunday, November 22, 2020
The Nobel Question: Will You Be Remembered for.. Destruction 🧨 or Peace? ✌️
We are in surreal times... the Trump administration, the pandemic, half the nation upset with the other half over their denial regarding what's true (or not) about both.
You need not be American to partake in the battle over what's going on in the US, as is captured in above Q&A clip with former Prime Minister of Australia, Malcolm Turnbull, getting into it with The Australian's editor, Paul Kelly. News Corp & Rupert Murdoch's influence in Australia is as hot a topic down under as is Fox News' here.
Which reminded me of one of my favorite stories of all time.. how there came to be The Nobel Peace Prize:
When Alfred Nobel's brother, Ludvig, died the obituary accidentally named Alfred and stated Le marchand de la mort est mort
Appalled that this is how he would be remembered, his last will specified that his fortune be used to create a series of prizes for those who confer the "greatest benefit on mankind" in physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, literature, and peace.
119 years later a Nobel Prize is known as an honor and as a contribution to humanity.
Are we looking to blow things up and cause more destruction
or bring our nation and our world together and create peace?
What do we Prize?
Sunday, October 18, 2020
Go Ahead Apple, Make my ... iDay!
Every day in this pandemic-pause has seemed to blend together so I would really like a little organization to help me keep track of what happened today, yesterday and last month. The data is all there so my request is that Apple make my day an iDay snapshot.
Saturday, September 19, 2020
Pro-Life Christians' Best Bet Is Biden
- Birth Control: Jesus said nothing about birth control. Even the be fruitful instructions God had given to Adam and Eve were from the Old Testament and with a population of nearly 8 BILLION people from TWO... I think we can check that box ✅ !
- More birth control, especially if it was free to all, would dramatically reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, abortions and deaths from poverty in the world.
- Sex: Mary was 12 when God impregnated her and she had Jesus. This has historically been an age that would have been acceptable to marry off daughters. This also corresponds with when females begin to menstruate. So if God (and Mother Nature) think 12 is when females are ready to procreate is that what we want for our daughters?
- Of course not! When times change we do as well. And as a society we don't want young girls having sex and babies so we modify what we now know is a more healthy range for the times we are living in.
- Pre-martial sex is also considered a sin and yet most of us have partaken so which is worse: not multiplying or having sex?
- Freedom: Attorney General Bill Barr as well as several governors and the whole anti-mask movement are decrying how horrible, only second to slavery, stay-at-home and masks orders are in our country. Covid protections enacted to save lives are tyranny and yet they want to restrict what a woman can do with her own body when it comes to reproduction.
- Healthcare: Pro-life includes the born as well and Biden/Harris and Democrats want more healthcare, especially for children and seniors. Feeding kids that are here, caring for the sick among us and supporting the poor will save more lives and bring about a better world and are far more Christian than tax cuts for billionaires.
Gun Control helps with Commandment 6: thou shalt not kill.